Pages

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Savage Pencil of Gil Kane

I had an itch for some original artwork and scratched it...

First, I am not a huge fan of Gil Kane's work. In fact, I think he drew the ugliest Superman ever. However, he is a noted Conan artist, and being a huge Conan fan, this page really appealed to me. You'll note that it's not really a battle action page, but the composition and linework is gorgeous and the bottom center panel really sold me. From The Savage Sword of Conan #85, page 12.

Image hosting by Photobucket

According to the Grand Comics Database, this page was inked by either Danny Bulanadi or Nestor Redondo. If anyone knows for sure, please leave a comment.

2 comments:

Alex Sheikman said...

That is definitely Bulanadi inks.

kevphil said...

Bulanandi is the same as Rudy Nebres. He and Gil had a great run on John Carter, Warlord of Mars. There was one B&W issue of Conan that was drawn by Kane and inked by the great Nestor Redondo. I could kick myself for having thrown away that book.