Pages

Monday, January 26, 2004

Michael Collins Signing at Novaspace Gallery, March 2004

Michael Collins Signing at Novaspace Gallery, March 2004

This is certainly good news for space autograph fans!

General Collins is a very reclusive figure and prefers to avoid public appearances and autograph signings. So, this is a real coup for NovaSpace owner Kim Poor.

Certainly it is pricey, but not unreasonable considering what many more common (and less accomplished) astronauts tend to charge.

My dilemma is this....

I could have him sign an Apollo 11 crew photo and then add Buzz Aldrin later (who signs frequently for a large fee). Then, I could hope and pray that someday I have the opportunity to get Neil Armstrong to complete the photo. The odds of this happening are very, very slim, but the payoff is huge.

The downside is that I end up with an Apollo 11 crew photo with only 2 of the 3 signatures, and in autograph collecting, an incomplete item is not very desirable.

No comments: