Pages

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Not Enough Hours in the Day

I've been on somewhat of a buying spree lately, but I've been funding most of it with proceeds from items that I've been selling on and off eBay. The problem is that it takes a lot longer to sell than it does to buy. There just aren't enough hours in the day for the gathering, scanning, uploading, etc. One of these days I'll get a few hours to myself and get some more items on eBay.

As I may have noted around the first of the year, my goal this year was to begin trimming the fat and building lean, mean collecting mass. That is, I'd rather have one $400 item than twenty $20 items. I think it's all part of the maturation as a collector to want to focus on quality rather than quantity. It takes great discipline to avoid the quick collecting fixes and impulse buys... I've been fairly successful, but not perfect.

In keeping with the Conan original art theme, here is a Conan sketch by Cary Nord.



I'd love to have a published page, but to the best of my knowledge, he has not released any of his Conan pages.

No comments: